5 Tips for Choosing The Right Carpet Suppliers
Whether doing a major renovation or just updating one room, finding the right carpet suppliers can make that project go a lot smoother and ideally save you some money! Here are 5 tips for choosing the right Carpet Suppliers if you live in Burlington, Hamilton or Oakville:
- Carpet Supplier’s Brands and Inventory: You certainly don’t have to by brand name carpet, but most carpet suppliers should carry many or most of the top brands. When doing research, if you come across certain brands that you like check with the carpet suppliers to see that they carry the ones you are looking for before you start visiting their stores. You don’t want to waist your time with an appointment with someone that doesn’t have the options you’re looking for.
Also ask about their inventory. Most carpet suppliers keep a variety of carpet in stock but you don’t want to go through all the work of buying a carpet only to find out that it will be a long lead time for getting it. You can test them our by selecting a few brands and asking how long it will be to get it.
- Get A Little Touchy Feely: With the carpet samples not the carpet suppliers of course! Carpet can look a lot different in a catalog or on a website than it does in person. So find a carpet supplier that can either bring samples to you or has a store with them for you to look at. You may like the look of the carpet but not the feel so test it out.
- Buy From Home: Not everyone has the time or the patience for visiting store after store shopping and comparing carpet. A great option is to find carpet suppliers that offer shop at home service. This not only saves you time but you can see the carpet samples in the rooms you are going to be installing them. Something that looks great in a store may look awful against your walls or furniture.
- Compare Prices: Just because carpet suppliers advertise “the lowest prices”, doesn’t mean they actually HAVE the lowest prices. It’s wise to ask around and do some research to find out the going rates for the carpet you are interested in. Get per yard pricing for the carpet you want and then compare with several carpet suppliers. This bit of extra work can you save you a lot of money.
- Check Their Reputation: While it’s great to save money, you want to find a reputable company to do your carpet installation. Look for companies that have been in business for a long time, have a good reputation and ultimately happy customers. With the power of the internet it’s easy to find reviews on companies now. Keep in mind a company can’t please everyone so don’t let a couple odd comments influence your final decision. It’s important to read a lot of reviews and testimonials so you can get the full picture of the carpet suppliers reputation.
For more information: (905) 802-4791